Talkin’ Turkey with Tim Babb
I logged on to Facebook yesterday and say this on a friend’s profile:
I accidentally ran over my neighbors dog. To avoid conflict, I put him in my car & threw him out down the road. They will think he ran away & I WON’T GET DIRTY LOOKS EVERY TIME I WALK OUT THE DOOR…DON’T JUDGE ME…I couldn’t find a shovel…plus I threw my back out yesterday soooo I couldn’t dig even if I wanted to..lol
At first I was pretty irritated. But just as I was about to unfrirend her, I remembered something similar that had happened to me on Facebook a few weeks back. So I commented on her status…
Is this one of those things where if I comment on it, you’ll message me a ridiculous status like this that I’m supposed to post?
Sure enough, I got this message a few hours later:
Obviously I played it safe: You fell into the trap. This is a game. The person that likes /comments has to post one of the following to his or her timeline.
1. The fungus on my toenails has spread to my mouth.
2. I need a loan that I’ll never be able to pay back. Any takers? Inbox me if you’re interested.
3. I know the doctor knows what he’s talking about but I don’t remember sharing a needle with anybody.
4. These herpes ain’t no joke.
5. When wearing dirty underwear, does the brown go in the front or the back? I can’t recall?
6. I accidentally ran over my neighbors dog. To avoid conflict, I put him in my car & threw him out down the road. They will think he ran away & I won’t get dirty looks every time I walk outside! Don’t judge me. I couldn’t find a shovel.
7. I just cleaned the toilet with (insert spouse or bf/gf’s name here) toothbrush and put it back in the toothbrush holder! Haha. That’s what happens when you eat the last Pop Tart in this house!
8. I know it’s no shave November but if I participate, there is no way in hell my pants will zip!
Sorry, I got caught too. Good Luck LOL!!
Frist off, I didn’t fall into the trap, I called you on it. Second of all…
Why would people do this? You’re just encouraging me NOT to comment on your statuses anymore..and more than that, to not believe them. This is like anti-social networking. Why not go the full nine yards and make one like this…
Hey, chump! You fell into the trap. This is a game. The person that likes/comments has to post one of the following to his or her timeline.
1. I enjoy wasting people’s time
2. I don’t value my Facebook friends
3. Regret being my friend yet? Just wait…
4. I don’t understand how human interactions should work
5. I have nothing relevant of my own to post
6. Originality is hard
7. I should be ashamed of myself
8. I’m an embarrassment to my family
Yes, I know you’re about to defriend me. I will miss you. Goodbye forever FMK!!
PS-If one of you posts one of those in your feed, I will not fall for it.